Re: [DML] Re: Doors electric mirrors and one other thing

Re: [DML] Re: Doors electric mirrors and one other thing

Hello all:

I dont think the coupler is much of anything, i think
someone cut the cable and had to reconnect it. Doesnt
look like a factory connection.

The hose was reconnected shortly after the picture was
taken. at least now i know what it is.

Spent the better part of this afternoon going through
the wiring with the mirrors. FYI I ohmed out the
entire window switch and im making a little chart, for
those who wondered how it works.

It seems my mirror wiring is really screwed up. It
doesnt seem to effect the driver side but it does for
the passanger.

According to the Delorean manual P 229:

WHI/BRN on DRV side is connected to the PASS side P4
OHMS out GOOD!
WHI/PUR on DRV side is connected to the PASS side P3
Does not OHM out. BAD!
WHI/RED on the SWITCH connected to the PASS side P1
Does not OHM out BAD!
WHI/BLU on the SWITCH connected to the PASS side P2
OHMS out GOOD!

Heres another funny thing... the bad RED and PUR when
tested at the PASS side, OHM out. Like there shorted
together. Or cut off their circuits and looped on
each other. Has anyone ever seen this?

One more thing.. On the driver side connector.

PUR and GRN are shorted together
BRN and WHI are shorted together

Should I scream help here or should I imagine that
maybe this problem isnt worth tearing off both doors
and rewiring the whole thing.

Anyone experiance this before.

PS. The passenger side door panel has been opened
before. Has the trademark workmanship of someone who
had no idea what they were doing.

The black side panel was held on with black silicon
as someone broke all of those clips. (NOT FUR CLIPS).
Ill get new ones later. For now the panel is removed.

Fould the heavy plastic help together with..... yes
masking tape, what a great idea. I am happy to say
that it looks like the driver door was never opened.
I only have 1 door to repair.

thanx

Jordan 11613

http://www.ventureworthy.com/retro/delorean/pics/mirrorsetc/mysteryho