Re: Doors electric mirrors and one other thing

Re: Doors electric mirrors and one other thing

Picture one is a cooling hose for your blower motor. You should
wedge the end of it back into your blower motor. A passenger likely
kicked it off without knowing.

Second picture is a dummy wire in every door. It goes up to the T-
Panel and stops.

The 3rd picture is where the heated mirrors were going to be hooked
up, and the capacitors are for noise reduction of the mirror motors.
(electrical noise, not the mechanical noise your getting).

I dont know what the vampire coupler is, its been a while since I've
been in my doors, someone else will need to field that question if
thats on all cars or somthing a previous owner did to yours.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> Before I attack the main issue here i was
> wondering if anyone know what this hose was for. I
> found it disconnected under the passanger side dash.
> I reconnected it but was still curious. picture
> provided.

http://www.ventureworthy.com/retro/delorean/pics/mirrorsetc/mysteryho
se.jpg

> For the main issue, I started working on the passenger
> side mirror today. I have a nice instruction being
> put together for it. but i did notice some
> irregularities i thought i should point out and ask
> about.
>
> They are in the pictures provided below.
>
> Mystery wire: Yellow wire with plug (disconn)

http://www.ventureworthy.com/retro/delorean/pics/mirrorsetc/mysterywi
re.jpg

> The next one addresses a mirror heater(possible)
> Capacitors? and a vampire coupler.

http://www.ventureworthy.com/retro/delorean/pics/mirrorsetc/mysterywi
re2.jpg