Re: No Fuel to injectors

Yes - I've seen that one. The bottom connection (inlet) on the fuel
filter has a flap on the inside. I had a case where the fitting
bottomed out on that flap and choked off the fuel. Since this is a
pipe-fitting (i.e. the threads make the seal) it may not be a good
idea to just back it off a little, but you could try that while
troubleshooting. My fix was to cut a few grooves across the face of
the fitting where it goes into the filter, you could also just grind
about 1 mm off the fitting.

Another good test - pull the input line off the fuel distributor and
hold it over a container. Jump the RPM relay and turn on the
ignition. There is a flow spec for the pump but it should pump a pint
of fuel in several seconds. If you are getting plenty of fuel at this
point you probably have a problem in the fuel dist, if not it's
upstream i.e. the pump or filter.

Dave Swingle

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Delorean17@xxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> new pump today but had the same results.
> I remember hearing that fuel pressure could sometimes
be cut off