Roof seal replacement

I just got myself a new seal for the driver's side roof but here is
the problem I can not solve. The stainless plate that holds the seal
in place is riveted with 8 rivets. Got those ordered as well. (I am
all set for the challenge now).
Drilling them rivets out of the roof was already discussed a few
weeks ago and for those that replied, Thanks!! I figure I could just
gently slide the plate in place but with the door hinges there, I
can not see a solution. Maybe something that the club can tackle at
a tech session this summer? I will see for now but any suggestions
appreciated! Till soon.
Bye
JohnE.