Re: [DML] Roof seal replacement

John,

It's quite a challenge. The NCDMC club just did this on two cars under the
guidence of Dan from DMC Garden Grove. You've got to remove the T panel to
get the new seals in. We used a Dremel to take off the ends of the rivets,
closed the door, slid the old seals out, opened the door, and Dremeled out
the rest of the rivets. We put the new seals in and used stainless steel
screws (with the tips grinded off) to attach the new seals. Now in 20
years when it's time to do it again, you won't have to Dremel out the
rivets (always good to think ahead :)

You might want to call DMC Garden Grove and ask what size the screws were
originally. Then just get a grinder and take off the tips.

It took a solid afternoon to do this procedure. When Dremeling, BE SURE TO
PROTECT YOUR TORTION BARS. If you have the means to, you might even want
to pull the bars out. You'll then need to prop the doors open. But
whatever you do, make sure you don't damage the tortion bars.

-Christian