Oil Leak and Timing Pulley

This summer I plan on fixing my engine so that it doesn't leak oil anymore.
My plan right now is to replace the Timing Gear Cover gasket and the Rocker
Covers gasket. This appears to be where the majority of the oil is coming
from. My question is to remove the timing gear cover i will have to take the
timing pulley. If i don't move the timing sprocket will I be ok when I put
everything back together? Or do I need to mark where the pulley is and where
the sprocket is set and make sure that all my marks line up again when I go to
reassembly?

Thanks
Willie Mack
Vin 5043