http://www.delorean.co.uk/pictures/DSCN0777_1.jpg

My engine guy suggested that "given the chance, change the timing chains anyway - they' re cheap enough as it is and worth doing". This is especially true if your car has over 50k miles on it. These chains are very reliable and rarely break however they will stretch over time and throw the valve timing enough to lose you a few horses.

Martin

wmack wrote:

This summer I plan on fixing my engine so that it doesn't leak oil anymore. My plan right now is to replace the Timing Gear Cover gasket and the Rocker Covers gasket. This appears to be where the majority of the oil is coming from. My question is to remove the timing gear cover i will have to take the timing pulley. If i don't move the timing sprocket will I be ok when I put everything back together? Or do I need to mark where the pulley is and where the sprocket is set and make sure that all my marks line up again when I go to reassembly?

Thanks
Willie Mack
Vin 5043