Re: [DML] Digest Number 1468

In a message dated 4/19/2003 3:40:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>Sorry, but I am not a big fan of the brake pad shims. They are only spot glued on and have a habit of coming free. Recently, I replaced caliper, pads, rotors on a 91 Trooper for that very reason. The shim came free causing a binding and ended up scrubbing the piston, ripping the boots, severe uneven wear on the pads to bare metal and then some, and on the vented rotors-->ate the back half of the rotor to expose holes through to the vents!

Now, this is an extreme example and I will most likely never see that again but I am definately going to use the painted on antisqueak stuff. :)

I see why the lady traded it in to the auction. I am very happy though about the whole affair. I bought it with 100k for $1000 and added 500 in repairs. I put it on my used car lot yesterday for 3500. And I sold it today.

:) Anna
Future D owner
Impulse, Conquest, Z,SVX owner