Re: [DML] Re: Trailing Arm Bolt Question

The original fastners were bonded into the floor in the battery compartment and the lockable compartment. The reason they didn't use bolts was the acrobatics to undo and do them up, plus the fact that the battery at least needs a flat floor to sit on...

Martin
and working on #2292 all weekend. Tired.

content22207 wrote:

Are two big sheets of aluminum where rear wye spreads out. TAB's above
them. You may end up cutting the 6 mounting bolts (riv bolts?). Were
attached to fiberglass when new but seem to spin free with age. Plus
are carbon steel wonderfully prone to rust (how 'bout that "rust
proof" DeLorean!). I replaced with 1/4" stainess steel bolts and
fender washers. Car is small enough you can reach bolt head and nut by
yourself.

Bill Robertson