Re: Roof Light Disassembly

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 22:10:34 -0500, "Gary Weaver II" wrote:

> Strange Question...
> Just HOW do you take the three position interior lamp apart?

You have to pry it out of the headliner carefully;
the black platic frame is held into the material
by a couple of tabs on both short sides.

In my experience you can best start at one end,
to make sure I didn't damage anything I used a
spoon to lever it out. Put it under the brim of the light
and wiggle it a bit, on mine it fell out after that.

Since then I've redcovered my headliners and now it's held
in by the foam too, so it stays in place WAY better, yet
I can now take it out without any tools...

Good Luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

DMC-12 "Dagger" since Sep. 2000