Re: Front side marker lights not working

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 01:07:01 -0000, "dmcorlando2003" wrote:

> I just replaced my headlight switch (LMS) and it works,
> however the amber marker lights on the fenders don't work now
> (they worked before) either with or without the headlights on.

Do the lights in the bumper work? If so I'd check the bulbs first.
If not I'd see if any power got to the sockets. Either way you
have to remove the lights from the fender.

The wires for the lights in the bumper and those on the fender
share a connection in the big connector near the windshield
washerbottle in the front-left corner of the car, if the taillights,
dashlights and rear side markers work, but the front lights don't
you know the LMS is OK.
If none of the front-lights work, check for power at the sockets
first, if there's none there check the plug (can be reached by
removing the "bucket" and the washer bottle) and while you're
in there clean the contacts anyway and check if the washer pump
is still OK; mine was rusted solid, making me fail my annual test...

Good luck,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

DMC-12 "Dagger" since Sep. 2000