Re: brakes need bleeding again?

Some of the reasons for doing it in the sequence I recomend are the
following;
By bleeding the cylinder closest to the master cylinder you get most
of the air out first with the next one in line not having as much to
bleed to flush out the air (and old fluid).
Any dirt in the system is removed quickly without going to the
furthest cylinder and travelling through the whole system and possibly
getting stuck.
If you haven't disconnected any lines in the rear then you don't have
much air to get out anyway, just old fluid.
When starting by the front left wheel you will have to refill the
master cylinder often, flushing out the master cylinder so you can
keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't go empty.
I have learned to do it this way so this is the way I do it!
I know the manual says to do it Harold's way but I have done it my way
and it seems to be successful so I guess it can be done either way.
A DISCALIMER
On a system with ABS you MUST do it as per the manual or you can
damage the system and, or not bleed it thouroghly.
The Delorean doesn't have an ABS so it isn't as critical.BTW keep in
mind that there are actually 2 separate systems here so as long as you
do both wheels on an axle before moving to the other axle as a
practical matter I guess it shouldn't make a big difference. I picked
up this habit before they had split systems.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "B Benson" <delornut@xxxx> wrote:
> I'm a bit curious why you would use this bleeding sequence. I've
always had
> the understanding Harold's was the way it should be done. Just to
refresh my
> memory I referred to several repair manuals including Chilton's,
Haynes and