Re: DeLorean Floatation Device

You bring up an interesting problem. If the Delorean floats, how to
get out? I suspect it will quickly start to go down rear end first
because of the motor but you can't climb out a window and as soon as
you open a door (assuming you can against the force of the water) it
will go down like a rock! I guess that you could kick out the front
windscreen or push a fire extinguisher through it and climb out that
way tearing yourself up in the process. Adding weight to the front of
the car will make the car harder to steer at normal speeds, increase
the stopping distance, reduce the suspension travel by lowering the
height, wear the front tires faster, and induce oversteer. The car was
not designed for a lot of weight on the front, it is a very balanced
design.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757