Re: DeLorean Floatation Device

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>
wrote:
> You bring up an interesting problem. If the Delorean floats, how to
> get out? I suspect it will quickly start to go down rear end first
> because of the motor but you can't climb out a window and as soon
as
> you open a door (assuming you can against the force of the water)
it
> will go down like a rock! I guess that you could kick out the front
> windscreen or push a fire extinguisher through it and climb out
that
> way tearing yourself up in the process.
<SNIP>
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757

Any car is going to sink like a rock if it takes on enough water. So
when a car starts to sink, unbuckle your seatbelt, and roll down the
windows and let water in. That allows the pressure inside to balance
to the water pressure outside so you can open the doors more easily.
Open the door, and then swim out. Just remember that the end of the
car with the engine is going to go down first. Which if you were to
have this happen in a DeLorean, the gullwing doors won't hinder
egress as much as traditional doors would have.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"