Re: Power Antenna Question

The fuse and relay for the antennae is opposite the fuse panel on the
other side behind the driver's seat. It is an in-line fuse and the
relay is a plastic see-through. Generally you won't find a problem
there. The trouble is the plastic drive cable inside the antennae. It
eventually breaks. The fix is (if you are handy) to disassemble the
antennae and replace the mast assembly. You can also just replace the
whole antennae unit but it is more expensive. You get to the antennae
in the left rear pontoon by removing the cover that the hoses going to
the fuel vapor cannister go through. You will also need to remove the
left rear taillight to get to some bolts. You are right about the
documentation, it wasn't updated to reflect the changes between the
81's and 82's especially the wiring diaghrams and the power antennae.
Before removing the antennae apply power directly to either wire going
to the motor, if you can't get it to do anything then you know it has
to come out.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmc_driver <dmc_driver@xxxx>"