another De Lorean finds an owner story

I remember back when the De Loreans first came out i was only 10 years old but i still
remember the commercial on tv for the car, though i never saw one in person till i was
16 i fell in love with the car. The way the doors opened, the body lines, the stainless
steel, put it this way the car was cool. When BTTF came out it even made me want the car
more, not because of the movie it was because of the car in the movie.

Two and 1/2 years ago i went on Ebay and was looking for a BTTF movie poster and i saw
the word "De Lorean", it was a actual car for sale. i never thought i could ever afford
one because i always thought they were like $60,000 or something like that. From that
day, two and 1/2 years ago i researched them over and over, i became a member of the
"Delorean Midwest Connection" and met actual owners of De Loreans. my Wife and I
volunteered to do their newsletter because we both loved the car.

I met Rich W. at the first tech session i attended and he was doing a "hover conversion"
(A.K.A. frame swap) on a badly rusted De Lorean that needed lots of help. i talked to
him a little bit about the car and he told me a lot more about the frames on the De
Loreans. The Holiday social for our club back in 2002 i attended and i talked to Rich a
little more about getting a project car from him and he had the perfect car for me, a
1981 De Lorean VIN# 6683 that was an excellent daily driver that needs some cosmetic
work but mechanically sound. I had to rush and sell my 1992 Mustang GT in the middle of
January so i could purchase the car from him because i didn't want to pass up a deal on
the De Lorean he had.

Today February 28th 11:30am Rich W. helped my Wife Melissa and I "Live The Dream". I
would like to thank all of the members of "The De Lorean Midwest Connection" for showing
my Wife and I their cars and spending the time to tell us a little about the De Lorean.
I would like to thank the members of the DML for answering questions i have had about
the car and i especially would like to thank Rich W. for spending the time emailing me
about the car and giving me the chance to Live The Dream.

Thank you all
Mark & Melissa Valuch
VIN# 6683