Re: Looking at a car to buy...

Even if we could give you all the info you needed nothing beats
having an experienced eye to go with you. Try to find a local owner or
group, someone will help you. You can also call the nearest Delorean
vender, if the car has any repair history with them they can help you,
they usually need a vin # to look it up. With all of the work
performed try to talk to the mechanic who did it. See if he knows what
he is doing and how much experience he has on "D"'s if not a Delorean
vender. It is great for all the work to be done but if not done
correctly then there will be a lot to fix!!!!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, mpaine@xxxx wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is the information on a car I am lookig to buy...
>
> Current Owner info:
>
> Purchased: March 2000 with 19,777 original miles
> Current Mileage: 20,900
>
> Last Inspected: 5-16-00
>
> Some of the Maintenance Performed:
>
> Purchase set of Delorean Manuals
> Replace regulator for both door panels
> Repair and clean off corrosion from tag light bulbs
> Drain gas tank and flush
> Drain and flush coolant
> Replace reservoir with updated stainless steel
> Replace drive belts
> Lube throttle cable, gears, steering column
> Set engine specs
> Change engine oil and filter
> Change trans fluid
> Replace exhaust manifold & gaskets
> New manifold heat stove
> Replace door seals on both doors
> Replace fuel tank sender
> Replace fuel & air filter
> Replace spark plugs used Bosch - & wires
> Convert / recharge air condition system with R12
> New battery
> New heater / AC blower motor
> Replace fuel hoses
> Replaced brakes front & rear
> Including pads, caliper, hoses, master cylinder
> New tires Goodyear align & balanced
> Replaced door lift piston both doors
> DMC embossed nose bra
>
> What are some of the things I should check out when I go see the
car? I mean I went and got a few checklists from the web but having
never seen a good example or a bad example how do I know what I am
looking at?