Re: [DML] Factory Wheel Measurements?

You have hit on a subject that is near and dear. Yes it is VERY difficult
to find a combination that works, and yes I think it is appropriate to have
two different sizes front and rear. The car has a rear weight, power and
design bulk bias that requires different size wheels/tires.

I purchased and installed a set of Konig Monsoons in June, 2001 with the
following specs:

fronts: 15x6.5 +40mm offset tires: 205/55R15 (195/55R15 might have
been better)
rears 17x8.0 +20mm offset 245/45R17

They worked out fabulously! The car is very lowered (especially in front)
so they were quite close on the fender forward outer edge. A normally
lowered car would have been fine and as it was I didn't have any problems.
These rims are out of production however.

I currently have a set of Konig Appeal's on backorder:

fronts: 16x7 +40mm offset tires: 205/50R16
rears: 18x8.0 +40mm offset 245/45R18 (20mm offset not
available)

I have not tried these but am hopeful. All of the above tire diameters are
very similar to the stock diameters. The rear rims will be really close to
the shock attach point so a 1/4" spacer may be required. Fronts should be
fine.

Based on how well these fit I will be ordering a set of 16x7's/19x8's with
205/50R16 and 145/45R19 tires and really push the envelope. Note that the
rear tires will be a full inch bigger in dia. which will raise the car 1/2".
I should have my backordered rims any day and will let the list know the
results. I think these will be the practical limit for the car without
looking silly.

Donald Ekhoff