Re: [DML] Factory Wheel Measurements?

Ok,
Heck of an explanation so I won't try to top it....:) I have had
16X7 fronts and 17X7 rears on my car for some time now and they really
make a difference. I say go with it, upgrade +2.
Don, to address your 16" front tire size, a 205/50 is a larger
diameter than the 195/60 14" stock. The closest match that comes
within a few hundreths of an inch is 205/45 16. If you run 205/50's I
hope you'll have your speedo recalibrated or you will be traveling
faster and farther than indicated.

Matthew
VINs 10365 and 16816

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff@xxxx> wrote:
> You have hit on a subject that is near and dear. Yes it is VERY
difficult
> to find a combination that works, and yes I think it is appropriate
to have
> two different sizes front and rear. The car has a rear weight,
power and
> design bulk bias that requires different size wheels/tires.
>
> I purchased and installed a set of Konig Monsoons in June, 2001 with the
> following specs:
>
> fronts: 15x6.5 +40mm offset tires: 205/55R15 (195/55R15 might
have
> been better)
> rears 17x8.0 +20mm offset 245/45R17
>
> They worked out fabulously! The car is very lowered (especially in
front)
> so they were quite close on the fender forward outer edge. A normally
> lowered car would have been fine and as it was I didn't have any
problems.
> These rims are out of production however.
>
> I currently have a set of Konig Appeal's on backorder:
>
> fronts: 16x7 +40mm offset tires: 205/50R16
> rears: 18x8.0 +40mm offset 245/45R18 (20mm offset not
> available)
>
> I have not tried these but am hopeful. All of the above tire
diameters are
> very similar to the stock diameters. The rear rims will be really
close to
> the shock attach point so a 1/4" spacer may be required. Fronts
should be
> fine.
>
> Based on how well these fit I will be ordering a set of
16x7's/19x8's with