Re: How difference between 500+ page Vinyl repair manual and vender's on

Re: How difference between 500+ page Vinyl repair manual and vender's one

I have noticed in the couple of Workshop manuals I have seen that
there is a large chunk missing from the Automatic Transmission
section. I bet 95% of people have never noticed it mainly because
their car is a 5-speed. Another big reason is that unless you are
actually rebuilding the automatic transmission the missing information
isn't important. I got my manual from P J Grady and until I pointed
out to Rob about the missing pages he didn't even realize it. (They
were able to provide the missing pages). Besides the "missing pages"
there are numerous errors throughout the manual, some small and some
large, I keep notes in mine and try to correct whenever I find one. At
one point DMC Houston asked for corrections which I had sent. They
said they were in the process of creating a "new, updated, and
corrected manual. This is a tremendous effort and the time and expense
is enormous. You can't realize it until you actually try to do such an
effort. It is a major effort just to keep track of the corrections.
All of these manuals evolved from the origional paperwork created by
Delorean Motor Company for the Dealers. IMHO the the best manual is
the origional manual without anyone's modifacations until a better
corrected version can be created. For anyone really interested in this
kind of materiel Bosch has excellent reference books on the fuel and
engine managment systems, some of it Delorean specific. At this point
in time I think Wayne Earnst can be considered our resident expert
(along with James Espey of course) as he has investigated many
versions and reprints of the available manuals. Last time I spoke to
him he was trying to create an updated version but because of the
immensity of the task I guess it is "on the back burner". In the
meantime I guess we will muddle through with what we have now and the
archives of the DML.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, deloreanernst@xxxx wrote:
> I said in a prior posting:
> "the likewise unavailable Technical Service Manual long out of print
from
> DMC."
> I should point out that there is a repro by e-Novel titled
"Technical Service
> Manual" but it is NOT the same as the Technical Service Manual
issued by
> DMC. I own both and DID do a page by page comparison.. twice... and
found
> that the e-Novel manual is about 93% identical to the standard repro
Workshop