Re: [DML] Re: GEICO Insurance Co.

Personally I don't think a Poll would do much for this subject. Insurance
rates vary so much state by state that you can't tell if you're getting a
good deal just from seeing what someone else in a different state is
paying. Like Chuck's rate below. $440/yr sounds fine, but I don't know
where he lives. It might be high for his area for all I know. I pay about
$500 myself here in Utah, but someone from New Jersey (noted for high
rates) would think both those rates are spectacular as they're probably
paying a couple of thousand for a year.

If you want to know if your insurance rates are good, then talk to people
who live near you, in the same state. Also call around and get quotes.
Comparing rates with people in other states is pretty much a waste of time
IMHO.

Mark N
VIN 6820

At 09:33 AM 1/6/2003 -0000, you wrote:

>( Moderators Note: Maybe a poll would be a good idea. This subject keeps
reappearing and never seems to end until a moderator finaly kills the
subject. The archives are full of comments. Anyone want to start a poll? )