RE: [DML] "DUHHH!!!!" at the gas pump

	We have had our share of crazy stories like I see on here too.....and also
some fun ones.....we take the D to some local and near by shows for
kicks....Sit in our lawn chairs back a ways and just WATCH. Bettye says it
blows her mind, the attention it gets. I usually start out with everything
closed for an hour or so....THEN I pop the doors and sometimes the trunk and
engine lid. She got a kick out of counting the people looking directly AT
the car...not with their backs to it!! One time she counted a max of 21
and almost always there would be 8 to 10. One time, next to us was a Vette
that was a dream....even had mirrors underneath for you to see how great it
was ....usually at the same time he had 2 or 3 looking at it. Almost made
me feel bad, as obviously he had put a TON of work into his, and all I did
was wash mine and drive it there! Then I usually get 1st place Unrestored
Original. Ho Ho. These are car shows that bring around 350 cars. There
were 82 entered in MY class at this particular show. There is nothing quite
like gull wings and stainless steel to attract attention!!
People seem to always be courteous and respect the car, although there are
always those who need to be sure it will leave fingerprints if they touch
it! Many times we ask the kids, (or parents) if they would like to sit in
it and have their picture taken. Several times I have taken pictures
myself, got their address and mailed them a copy of the picture. Fun Fun.

Murray
Vin: 05962
Lic: DMC-XII
6 years