Re: lock cylinder issues

The door lock cylinder is usually the first to go. A "quick and dirty"
fix is to switch the door lock cylinders from driver's door to
passenger door. If you have the older 2 key system just get some new 1
key system locks and upgrade (expensive). Another option could also be
a Lockzilla Remote. This way you don't have to use the key to unlock
the doors anymore unless the battery goes dead. In the meantime try to
use the key that is the least worn origional, copies are no good and
wear too fast. Go to a lock supply or an auto store and get some
graphite dust, it comes in a small squeeze tube. Spray some into the
lock and some on the key and work it in and out. That should help a
little but if you can put the key in and it doesn't go in straight the
insides of the lock are worn out. Lubricating ALL of the locks on the
car is a good idea at least once in a while. Don't forget the ignition
lock and the "vault" behind the driver's seat.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Adam <acprice1@xxxx>" <acprice1@xxxx>