Re: BTTF video release

Ed,

I also have the VCD release; I just bought the DVD trilogy two evenings
ago and have checked out some of the "special footage." They obviously
weren't worried about paying royalties to JZD; they included a lot of
photographs of the car itself, from production and off-stage; in their
documentary footage they had the car prominently featured on camera
several times; they included drawings and sketches of the "time vehicle"
as well from Andy Probert et al. The packaging does suck, but compared
to the packaging for "Terminator 2", I think even half a photograph is
nice. If you'll recall, the trailer for BTTF didn't feature very much of
the car at all; only one of the wheels and a partial glimpse of the
gullwing doors were clues.

People who buy the trilogy know what they're getting, anyway, and
probably remember the movie posters (one, two, three people next to a
car). But what's inside the DVD case has proven itself better than the
packaging (more than I can say for some movies I've bought in the
past!).

Regardless of the packaging, I recommend the set for DeLorean and/or
BTTF fans. Besides the movie footage, the photographs and drawings are
great for fans of either the movie or the DMC.

Just my $0.02

Regards,
Farrar