VH1 - How to get them back!

First, let it be known that I love the DeLorean more than anyone. I drive
mine every day and I've heard all the comments - positive and negative.
When I hear negative comments, I take the time - no matter how big of a
hurry I'm in to try to educate the misinformed and to leave them with
positive image of John DeLorean in their head (and to make them think
about selling their Honda).

VH1 did a show about the 80's. Being that it's not PBS, they recruited a
younger crowd of people to reflect on the 80's. Mostly kids that were
growing up in the 80's and had fond memories of pop culture
television programs & movies, toys, babes & hunks, and cars. Just like the
guys that come up to us all when we're at a gas station and shoot of their
mouths, these celebrity kids are no different.

It's not VH1's responsibility to ask these people what they remember about
the DeLorean and then jump in front of the camera to correct everything
that is said.

What's funny is that I be there's a bunch of other groups like ours with
their own specialty that watched the show. The show did a segment on the
Rubik's Cube. When the interviewees said that you can peel off the
stickers to solve the cube, don't you think that folks from MENSA or a
Rubik's Cube club somewhere were upset that "these punk kids" were
trivializing their hobby?

The best thing that we can do to combat this sort of thing is to continue
to spread our positive message. Do it however you can. If your ISP gives
you web space, learn to make a web page and put it up. Get it registered
on the search engines and spread the truth. Call your local papers and
news stations and tell them that you have a DeLorean. With the BTTF DVD
out now there is a heightened interest, so let them be THE news station
that actually tracked one down. Make flyers. Enter car shows (not just
DeLorean only car shows (although they're great as well)). Hang up "John
DeLorean is not a criminal" on sign posts all around town for a few weeks.
Then call the local news stations and tell them that you put the signs
there and invite them over. :)

We'll never win in a lawsuit against VH1. None of us will take the time to
organize it either. :)

-Christian #3452

PS. If this message ever fell into the hands of a Honda owners group,
don't you think they'd take exception to my Honda comment? Did you?