Re: What is in a value?

I have found that eBay isn't the best place to sell things if you
want to get the parts value, or the cars value. People want
something for nothing on eBay. Definately not a place to see market
value. It only shows you want people are willing to pay at the
time. I say this because people contact me all the time that saying
stuff like "i'll give you $350 for that left front fender...hey...I
saw that price on eBay so i'm not going to pay a penny more."

Your best bet is to sell via www.dmcnews.com or www.dmcforum.org.
Advertise it via your local newspaper or Hemmings.

I hope for the best for you. I'm sorry about your job situation, i
know thats got to be tough.

Take care,
Erik

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "reuterconsulting
<reuterconsulting@xxxx>" <reuterconsulting@xxxx> wrote:
> I recently posted my DeLorean on E-bay. I don't want to sell it,
> but since I lost my job, I have no other choice. This car is in
> fantastic shape and I have done alot of work to make it a daily
> driver. I constantly hear talk that the Delorean will be worth
alot
> more in a few years and that a decent car today should go for
around
> $18,000. So why can't I sell if for even $14,500? DMCH would
only
> give me $10,000 for the car (the price they pay for all cars), and
> over the years I have spent nearly $4,000 with them alone. If I
> total the car my insurance company will pay me $21,600 for it. I
> know the thread of the car's value has been discussed to death.
But