Re: What is in a value?

Re: DeLorean One -- short answer: like any private business, they want
to maximize profits.

Re: your #3172 -- is this really best way to free up some cash? Other
options you may want to consider: refinancing anything w/ highish
interest rate (since you're North Carolina, check out Wachovia. Last
year they offered an equity line @ prime plus zero, no closing costs).
Every penny saved on interest is extra income. A new traditional
mortgage can also be negotiated. Starting over from scratch does add
30 more years to the payoff, but monthly payments will go down. Do you
have another vehicle that might be more saleable to the general
public, or one that is still financed? Even though a D isn't ideal
daily transportation, if the thing is at least paid for you could live
off it alone for a while.

And here's a radical thought: you could part of the car WHILE you
drive it. For example: I was planning early next year to replace my
floorboard carpets. Rather than paying $300 for two new ones, if yours
are truly nice I might buy them for $200 and give you my old ones.
Someone else might buy your rear louvers and give you their cracked
ones. Wouldn't yield anything near $14,500, but could be a win-win
situation for everyone (people giving your their worn parts would have
to forgo potential resale). You'd end up with a less nice vehicle, but
at least you'd have it. And WHEN (not "if" folks, it's a "when") the
economy improves you could begin the slow process of fixing #3172 up
AGAIN. This of course assumes you want to stay in the DeLorean business.

BTW: You may need to drop out of the car show circuit until things
improve and just switch into maintenance mode. Showable cars cost way
more to keep up than daily drivers.

Sorry about the job. Companies do watch out for Number 1, don't they?
I'm Scotland County myself (you've read about us in the Observer), so
even though I've still got my pitiful paycheck (second year no raise)
I may actually end up BEHIND you. Hang in there...

Bill Robertson