Re: DeLorean's Soul

BondAtomic@xxxx wrote:

> I guess the best way for me to describe it is in the movie
"Christine."
> The kid restoring the 1958 Plymouth Fury may have gone through it
quite
> a bit, replacing old/damaged parts and such, but the evil soul of the
car
> was alive.

Ah... Now we're getting into my area. I own both a "Christine" and a
DeLorean, so I have some knowledge of the subject. (I'm not kidding).

Mechanical objects do not have a soul; we place a personification of one
upon them. Any soul you see in the car is a reflection of your own
thoughts and feelings about it. Thus, the better you make both yourself
and your car, the better it's 'soul' becomes. I've written about this
before: http://www.projectvixen.com/zen.htm

Legally, however, the definition is a different story. It's generally
either the 'cab' or the frame which legally is the vehicle, and this
varies from state to state. The majority of states proclaim the cab,
with it's attached VIN, as the legal entity of 'vehicle'.

-Dave
VIN #05927
http://www.projectvixen.com
DMC & Christine Pics: