Re: Water Pump woes, nearing end of tear down.

Re: Water Pump woes, nearing end of tear down.

If you are really good (and lucky?) you MIGHT be able to remove it
with a right angle drill. I would probably not even try it, instead it
is probably the better way to remove the rear facia even though you
have ground effects and it is a bigger job then usual. It is going to
be very hard to drill that bolt out centered and straight with a right
angle drill. It is hard even when you can get at it straight! The only
other possability is to use heat and then try to turn the bolt but you
said you messed it up so you can't do that. A more exotic method of
removal which I never used to remove a steel bolt from aluminum is to
place a nut and a washer over the broken bolt and then weld the broken
bolt to the nut. The heat from welding loosens up the bolt and now you
have a really good way to put a wrench on it. Of course you need room
to do this and see what you are doing so you would still probably have
to remove the rear facsia anyway. Hey, if was easy everybody would be
working on their Deloreans! You have all winter so look at the bright
side.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757