Re: PRV-6 Engine in early Porsche 944 prototype

Re: PRV-6 Engine in early Porsche 944 prototype

More PRV-6 talk.

With all the recent High HP PRV-6 talk, I thought I would throw this
little piece of nostalgia into the mix, especially since a lot of
people do not give enough credit to the PRV-6 engine when considering
performance applications for sports cars and race cars.

If you happen to come across a Porsche book written by David Vivian
called "Porsche 924-928-944-968", there is a brief mention of the use
of a PRV-6 engine installed in an EA425 (924) test evaluation car for
the early development of the Porsche 944 project (during 1980-1981).
Although the engine performed well in the prototype, it was decided
that a smaller, all Porsche engine would fit better under the bonnet.

Apparently the PRV-6 was also under early consideration for the 928,
but the larger, all Porsche V8 seemed better for it's flagship car.
However, Porsche designed the new V8 engine for the Bosch K-Jetronic
fuel injection system and used this version through the 1982 models.

Later,
Rich W.