Water Pump woes, nearing end of tear down.

Water Pump woes, nearing end of tear down.

All went well on my water pump removal save one tiny thing.
The bottom mounting bolt broke!.. The pump is off, but only about
1/8 - 1/4 inch of thread is sticking out of the mounting nub (nub?)
on the head.. and that little bit already rounded off from my vice
grips.
I can't get a drill in there (even with no muffler in the way.. non-
stock exhaust) to tap it, and I've tried even seeing if I could turn
it with a chisel. Being that there is a drain pug (I think it's the
water jacket plug... why it's on the top of the block.. I don't know.
fill me in on what that is) in the way, I can't drill from the back
either. I have some ground effects that would make removing the rear
facsia even less attractive an option that it was before... so i'm
trying to avoid that.

Any tips or tricks to removing such stubborn bolts??

Goddamn. It's such a simplistic engine. I love working on it cause
everything (pretty much) is easy to get to, and look at and replace.
But leaning over that rear facia just kills my back at knees.

I think once I get done putting back together my engine i'm going to
just epoxy coat the entire car.... it's funny how much I hate rust...
on my DeLorean.

Work -- DeLorean -- Sleep, that's my whole day lately.
James 4009 when will get around to changing my userID?