Re: [DML] wet carpet pad

> the last two heavy rains have left the pad under the driver's carpet
> wet . The top side feels dry, though cool. It is also only in front
> of the seat.
>
> Where is it coming from?

On my car, the water is coming in through the front directly under the windshield. The drain in the middle of the windshield that empties out over the gas tank apparently leaks somewhere, and the water runs in there. To see if this is the case, first remove the carpet and pad and dry the car. Then pour some water down the windshield drain, and look for water running down the center side of the footwell.

While we're on the subject... does anyone have any ideas how I (and anyone else with this problem) might go about finding and fixing the leak? Near as I can tell, the actual leak is somewhere behind the air distributor behind the dash. The distributor's on the bottom of everything (of course), and I don't see any way of investigating further without completely gutting the interior of the car. Suggestions?

--Josh