Re: Door Lock issues

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Watkins Family <watbmv@xxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> Anyway......symptom I have is that the DRIVERS switch WILL lock and
> unlock the passenger side. THE PASSENGER side switch will lock the
> drivers side but will not unlock it.

I had a similar problem some time back on my high-mileage car. In my
case the root cause was that the door lock switch on the one side was
too sloppy to make a reliable connection when the switch is thrown.
The door lock switches a really quite cheezy and consist of a metal
wiper that rotates on a riveted pivot across a baseplate that has
three bumps on it. The wiper is wide enough to touch two of the three
bumps and the center bump is the ground circuit. The problkem I had
was that over time the wiper had lost some of its tension and was not
pressing securely against the bumps. Also the whole wiper had a lot
of slop in it.

You can veryify whether your door switches are bad without
dismantling your door by checking your wiring diagram and measuring
at the door lock module by unplugging it and measuring from the
connector contacts.

Knut