Re: Door Lock issues

I am guessing that the door lock module worked exactly the same way as
the Lockzilla you have now installed. If that IS true then you have
found out by now that Lockzilla can not fix a problem with the door
locks when they are out of adjustment. All you had to do was read the
directions that came with Lockzilla.
You will have to get out the Workshop Manual and go over ALL of the
internal door adjustments. It is probably the driver's door that
needs the help so do that one first. Before going inside the door
first make sure that the front and rear latches are both getting to
the 2nd lock position simultainiously. This may require loosening and
adjusting the anchor pins. The doors are not supposed to be able to be
locked if the door isn't closed all the way (on the 2nd lock
position). Most door problems can be traced to the anchor pins not
adjusted properly and then you wind up having to force the door open
and closed. This knocks all of the adjustments out of wack so even
after you get the anchor pins set right you find you have to go inside
the door anyway to "fix" the linkage adjustments. It is very important
that the doors not bang or clunk as they are closed. You also
shouldn't have to slam them to get them to lock. The locking system
isn't going to work right if this is the case.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757