Re: [DML] Starter question, problem and proposed solution?

Re: [DML] Starter question, problem and proposed solution?

Nick, I tried to fit a Volvo to the Delorean but as you know it's a R30
Renault bell housing and to my knowledge there is no substitute. It's a Paris
Rhone for the Renault only. I also have new solenoids for it.
I have the correct rebuilt starters in stock.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

<< Questions:
- Has anyone tried a Volvo starter?
- If so did you simply provide a connection to the 12Vdc running to the
motor?

I see no reason why this would not work, but I thought I'd put the question
to the group first.

I tried getting the original Delorean starter replaced and they claimed no
equivalent. I sent it to be rebuilt and they said they could not get the
parts. The Volvo rebuild is about $80