Re: strange ticking noise

If I heard a "ticking" noise from the rear of the car I would first
inspect the C/V boots for cuts or leaking grease. I suspect the C/V
joints are either in need of lubrication or are already worn enough to
make noise. It is possible the rear axles are hitting the trailing arm
shields but that should be easy to see,(shiny spots on the shields and
axles). Look up the procedure to remove and lubricate the C/V joints
and see if that has any effect.
Other things to look at are engine mounts, muffler brackets, lug
nuts. You are going to have to get under the car. While you are there
be sure to check the traing arm bolts, exhaust system, hoses, tie rod
end boots, etc.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "tmpintnl" <tobyp@xxxx> wrote:
> Mark (or is it Mike? See the header below) - This is literally a
shot
> in the dark, but check this out - It sounds like the tick comes when
> you have the rear of the car loaded a bit (accelerating, "bottoming
> out" at the base of a long dip, etc.) Has your car been lowered?
The