Re: How do you remove a stripped out lug nut

Re: How do you remove a stripped out lug nut

I am assuming the lug nut turns but does not thread off. Short of
trying to grind it off or split it get a vise-grip or an undersize
socket on it and as you turn it stick a screwdriver or something sharp
behind the lug, or try pulling on the rim after removing all of the
other lug nuts, and with constant pressure and slowly turning the lug
nut it should thread off. After getting the wheel off inspect ALL of
the studs and lug nuts. Slivers of metal mean threads are worn. This
happens from using too aggressive an air tool or overtorquing the
lugs. Clean all of the threads being careful nut to get the slivers in
your fingers. Retorque to spec in sequence.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757