Re: Door stuck and won't open

What it may take to open the door is while you are trying to release
the latch have someone else try to lift open the door. The latch may
be trying to release but the door is stuck on the head of the anchor
bolt. When you do finally get the door open get a small inspection
light and make sure the door isn't rubbing on the head of the anchor
pin as the door closes. If needed add or remove washers to get the pin
to line up nicely going into the door latch. You may also have to
adjust the position so it doesn't rub hard on the guides. Remove any
fiberglass that interferes with the correct positioning of the anchor
pin. Tighten really tight so the pin can't move after adjustment. This
needs to be done on flat and level ground so the door closes evenly. I
have seen that most problem doors need the anchor pins adjusted to
make the doors open and close smoothly. You may also need to adjust
the linkage after all of the forcing of the door.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757