Re: [DML] Walt quitting

[Walt]
> I had 13 off-list replies so far. The way the DML is
> run has been a festering problem for many of us.

Assuming each of the 13 replies was from a separate DML member, and that
they were all in agreement with you, that makes about 1% of the list. That
leaves 99% (or 1126 people) who don't agree with you enough to tell you
about it, don't agree with you at all, or don't care and just wish this
thread would die.

[Walt]
> what we have now is instead an oppressive regime.
[checksix3]
> about time someone stood up to the "moderation"
> that goes on here. Its appalling censorship

Haven't we covered this before? Each of us joined this list knowing that
all posts must pass through the moderators before they can make it to the
list. If these conditions are so horribly unfair, why join in the first
place? These aren't new rules.

[checksix3]
> I quit because of this and the incredible amount
> of misinformation foisted upon the readership

You quit, yet you're still posting. I'm not sure what dictionary you and
Walt are sharing, but the definition of "quit" is not "to stick around and
complain."

[checksix3]
> I'm considering donating my car for a tax write off by having it
> dropped from 2000 feet by helicopter at a local airshow in October.

Let me get this straight...instead of just selling your car and actually
quitting the DML, your hatred for the DeLorean automobile (and/or the
community associated with it) is so great that you want to destroy your own
car out of spite? Wow, that's messed up.

[checksix3]
> There are a lot of folks here who need to get a life.
> Its just a car, and not much of one at that.

Funny, I was thinking "it's just a mailing list." I mean, come on...an
"oppresive regime" that doles out "appalling censorship"? And now Walt is
questioning whether the moderators can possibly have happy families? What a
shockingly odd perspective on things. Some folks on this list do need to
get a life, checksix3. I'm glad you posted that before you quit. Or after
you quit. Or while you were quitting. Whatever.

Todd Masinelli
VIN 6681 (Nov 81)