Re: Towing/Car Transporter

Tom,

Fred Geerdink is the guy you want to contact, unless he is already
typing a response to your post. Fred has transported several of my
Delorean project cars with a Jeep Cherokee and a flatbed trailer that
would not be catagorized as a "light weight" trailer by any means.
The trailered Deloreans have ranged from stock Deloreans transported a
few hundred miles, to transporting the 4x4 Delorean all the way from
Texas to Chicago, in the middle of winter. On more than one occasion
there were a few moutains to traverse as well, including the trips to
the Branson area and to the York, PA area. Fred said the Cherokee did
well under all these conditions.

As long as you have the Cherokee prepared well (trans cooler, etc.)
and everything is in good condition, it should do just fine.
Note: There are big differences with using a rental trailer vs. having
your own, well kept trailer. There are also handling differences with
electric brakes vs. surge brakes, but that is for another topic.
In any case, there is no substitute for an experienced trailer driver
with their own well maintained equipment, especially transporting D's.
Fred's Cherokee has transported more Deloreans than anyone's I know.

Later,
Rich W.

BTW: Fred - I may have another car for you to transport soon.