Re: Towing/Car Transporter

Hey Tom,
I used a UHAUL car transporter (not for my DeLorean) and I think it
weighed either 2,000 or 2,500 pounds alone. It is a very heavy duty
unit. Also, our cars weight 2,800 lbs I believe. So put them
together and it will range from 4,800 to 5,500 pounds depending on
actual weight of the transporter and weight of the car (gas, extra
parts, etc.) I towed from Maine to Jersey with a 1990 full size Ford
Bronco and it did okay with about 6,000 pounds. Towing the D on the
transporter might put a little extra stress on your Jeeps trans,
brakes, and engine... but if the trip is not too long you should make
it fine. No guarentees though. Good luck.

-Chris-
VIN 10213