Re: Delorean Car Show Guidelines -(Long)

Re: Delorean Car Show Guidelines -(Long)

Marty

Here are some ideas for car show guidelines. Since there is only one
car (our Ds) and a few model years involved it seems to me it might
be a good idea to expand on the special awards. Here are some ideas
that we have put together from some of the 24+ shows we did last year
and a few of my own ideas...

Best of Show, Stock
Best of Show, Modified
Best of Show, Painted
Best Interior, Stock
Best Interior, Modified
Best Engineered Overall
Best Custom Sound System
Special Interest (Curtis & Rich maybe?)
Best Engine Conversion (good idea Mark L)
Best PRV Modification (another good idea Mark L)
Wildest Custom (Curtis & Rich again maybe?)
Vendors Choice (NOT based on the amount of $ spent :~})
Ladies Choice
Peoples Choice, Stock
Peoples Choice, Modified
JZD's Choice

As you can see, this could go on and on, some of it being done by
judges, some of it by the people. You could even take awards (for
example Best Engineered) and break it down to Gold, Silver and
Bronze. Just food for thought.

I also think a drive thru judging setup could be considered. Once a
car is assigned its parking spot and the owner does whatever he needs
to do before being judged you simply drive up to the staging area and
let the judges do their thing...slam, bam, yada, yada. This is
easier on the judges and keeps the owners from having to sit around
waiting to have their car judged. You would think this would cause a
massive traffic jam, but I have seen this done at a show with 500
cars and it went very well. Kinda like people going to a buffet.

You can even do a drive thru awards presentation which would allow
everyone to see the winning cars. Winners of awards are simply told
to get in the drive thru line but are not told what for. Thats what
makes it exciting. The announcement is made and you bring your car
down a short runway, stop and get your award and park in a viewing
area.

This kinda stuff adds to the fun of the show and thats what its all
about, right?

Although it would take a bit of organizing, I dont believe it would
be that much and should help improve everything.

Ron & Cheryl