Re: Delorean Car Show Guidelines -(Long)

Re: Delorean Car Show Guidelines -(Long)

Am D-newbie, so please overlook any ignorance...

Pigeon Forge will be my first show. Plan to drive my fine new ride,
but unless there's a "you've got to be kidding" class, I think I'll be
directed to park around back at the kitchen entrance.

Seriously, is there a place at DeLorean shows for roadable cars in
"daily" service that are not show quality, and which the owners do not
want judged? Went to one AMC show (yes, I also collect AMC's -- hail
to the fallen flags), and was told rather disdainfully to park in the
general lot. Received compliments from the public on the way to their
minivans, but felt rather ostracized by the professionals. That show
was also my last.

IMHO people who own & drive service vehicles to a show should at least
be given a recognized area in which to park. Yes, our vehicles are
less than perfect, but they *ARE* in service (cars are not intended
from the factory to be prima donna museum pieces. They are made to be
driven, so in some respects we're honoring the maker more than people
who show up on trailers). Could a parking lot of service vehicles make
as much of an impression as a parking lot of pretties?

Bill Robertson

> This is the question we want to present to the DML. What adjustments
need to be made to the current car show guidelines to allow all the
participants to have a fun and enjoyable time and also a feeling of fair and equal treatment when it comes to car show awards.