Stereo suggestions

Ok the time has come for me to upgrade my factory cassette, and
speakers. They have been great, but the sound just isnt there
anymore. But I expected this.

So if anyone out there has an updated system, please send me your
pic and suggestions. While I will retain the old system for resale
(though I dont plan to sell), I am looking for a new system that
wont require any cosmetic changes to the Delorean. Also I would
like to keep it stealth (meaning that I dont want people to be able
to see speakers, amplifiers, and such.

I am leaning towards the following:
- converting the storage box to a Bass Box. This will leave the
backshelf till available.
- updating the speakers (I think 5x9's??)
- updating the stereo to a LCD Video/Audio unit. (overkill but I am
a computer geek too, so I want video :-))

Any and all suggestion would be appreciated. I heard that one of
the vendors might make a special stereo wire adapter? Is there
anything else I shoul dhave to worry about? I am budgeting for ~2K.

Thanks,
Jason