Re: [DML] Stereo suggestions

There's a couple things to think about when doing this. First, you've got
to cut the radio bracket to accept a DIN sized radio - or replace the
bracket with the DIN one from Houston.

Next, if you're thinking about this kind of video screen:
http://riocar.org/albums/album77/abb.sized.jpg
Remember that you're going to cover the AC vents when the screen is open.
I thought about using this sort of screen at one point, but thought that
a better way to go would be to mount a screen only on top of the center
console (above the AC vents). Also, when I was looking at these units
(about a year ago), these in-dash screens only came with an AM/FM tuner
and A/V ins. So that means that you'd have to get a CD changer or
something and hide it somewhere else.

As far as speakers go, There's a few places you can put 'em. I've had my
back wall cut out and had speakers installed, so it looks kind of like
this:
http://www.specialtauto.com/images/speakermount.jpg
You can also get kicker boxes that go right by your legs (toward the
outside of the car). DMC Garden Grove installs these, but I imagine any
competent stereo shop could build the boxes. You might even be able to
order them from Don. Once installed, they actually look like they're
supposed to be there. I don't use the standard rear speakers at all. I
also don't have front speakers, but I need to do something about that some
day - but search the archives and you'll be able to find what size
speakers fit up there.

Also be sure to check this out for a good place to hide an amp:
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/invisibleaudio.htm

And there used to be a link on the DMC News site (in the vendors section)
for a guy that sold a DeLorean subwoofer. It was basically a faceplate and
amp that fit in that cubbyhole behind the drivers seat. Perhaps somebody
still has the link to that page (the guy mostly sold wheels).

-Christian