Re: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kits?

List - I would like to put forth two points on this message:

Please note the statement that this person makes regarding a
hesitation (perhaps dread) at asking this list for advice and counsel
on this relatively straightforward question. When we foster this kind
of "fear to participate" from people who could make a significant
contribution to the DeLorean marque (given the chance), then we cannot
expect to see growth and development in the List, or in the car. Next
time you are itching to hit the "reply" button, remember this persons'
message.

Please note also that the number of members on this list has decreased
in the last few months. Could this hostile environment play a factor
in this negative growth of the List? I wonder ...

Now then ... in the "olden days", all good shade tree mechanics
rebuilt their brake master cylinders until the walls were too thin to
hold the pressure. I have (unconfirmed, but a good starting place)
kit part numbers Raybestos MK1544, and Girling/Lucas SP7243. To
rebuild a cylinder, you need a good brake hone, and some calipers for
measuring diameter, in addition to the rebuild parts.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1 - For a kinder, gentler List