Brake Master Cylinder Rebuild Kits?

I tried to search the DML archives for this, but simply don't have
the time to bog through page after page of "my individual tastes are
right so I must protest anything different".

In fact, I greatly hesitate to pose this question in the Delorean
debating list, since I'm certain the majority response will be
attack, but it's the only place I know to ask.

I'm suspecting that my brake master cylinder needs replaced.
Actually, it's the assesment of my mechanic. (Please don't abuse my
mechanic - he's all I got, unless said abuser wishes to do my work
for me.)

He suggested that I might find a rebuild kit at an auto parts store,
rather than a whole new stock system. This seems reasonable, since
there's always the possibility that the problem is more than the
master cylinder. Easier to get that way, too.

Has anyone here ever had any experience with such a thing, that could
help me find a part number, type, etc? If you did try it, would you
try it again, etc?

My VIN is #2816 - it's an 1981, automatic.

If you have not tried this idea, and you think I should be burned at
the stake for even thinking about it, and are getting ready to "give
me what I deserve", please hold off until all the useful and
constructive statements are out of the way, first.