Re: built-in fire extinguishers

Walt - You may want to check in with a high-performance boat shop
regarding on-board systems. Many "high end" boats have an automatic
system for the engine bay. These are Coast Guard approved
(presumably) so they should be good. Regarding Mike's comment, I
would tend to agree. I believe that Halon works by displacing all
available oxygen (although I could be wrong) which could prove
problematic if you happen to be in the car at the time. I have a
hand-held Halon extinguisher sitting right next to the passenger
seat. I probably should properly mount it, so that I can reach it
better in an emergency. Stay safe. BTW - Pricey? If you wanna
play, you gotta pay.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1 - with freshly cleaned fuses and relays!

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> [MODERATOR NOTE: I hesitate to inject technical criticisms into any
subscriber's post, but I've got to caution against installing a HALON
system that empties into the passenger compartment. I believe that
this could be very, very dangerous! -Moderator Mike Substelny]

> I'm thinking about installing a built-in fire extinguisher into my
DeLorean, and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or advice
concerning these.