RE: [DML] New to the Group

I researched modifications to the PRV last year, and for my purposes decided that it was too costly of a project for the end result. It was also difficult to source the needed parts in North America, everything would need tocome from France or Germany.

If you want to stay with normal aspiration, I'd suggest starting with a 3.0L Eagle block. Rebuild it and increase the compression (will require premium fuel) and maybe put Peugeot heads on it (they have a counter balance). This starting point will give you a little more displacement (very little!)but more importantly will be a EVEN fire (instead of the DeLorean Odd fire). With EFI and maybe even DIS, I suspect you could break a REAL 200HP at the crank. This is probably also the lowest cost option, as Eagle donor motors can be had very cheap (I found complete cars for $300!).

I was looking for more than 200HP, which would require some forced induction. As I said before, the options were very costly so I decided against doing it.

Painting a DeLorean is a touchy subject. I dont know how to do it, but suggest you find a car that is already painted or look for a "deal" on a car with damaged stainless. You may also be able to save some money by calling some of the vendors (Bob Miller, PJ Grady, ect) to see if they will sell you some damaged panels they have laying around (if you buy a car with good ones, you can resell them). This way, you don't damage perfectly good stainless panels for you paint job.

<SNIP>