Re: [DML] New DeLorean Parts (TAB's specifically)

Re: [DML] New DeLorean Parts (TAB's specifically)

Martin - During my activities changing out TAB's and generally
checking the condition of other people's suspensions, I have run
across some cars that seem to be more "accurately made" than others.
In checking TAB's in these cars, the bolts slid easily out, with no
apparent preloads or misalignments. There was very little evidence of
wear or distress on the bolts, or on the other components in the
joint. The owners of these few cars wanted new TAB's anyway, but I
was struck by the easy removal and installation of the bolts. By
contrast, other cars required a large hammer, pry bars, and a certain
amount of swearing and cursing to get the old bolts out, and the new
bolts went in with some minor degree of difficulty. As is the case
with all of these beautiful cars, there is a large variation in how
they were put together. You obviously have one of these rare gems
that were assembled correctly and accurately. Hang on to her. Alas,
I will not be in Memphis for the "Big Show". Timing was very bad for
me this year, so I have asked some of my fellow PNDC members who will
be there to take lots of pictures, and give the rest of us a full
report. Thanks for your continued interest in supporting this unique
automobile.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
My position is simply based on having a low mileage car with
suspension components in 99% condition. My TABs are not rusty, nor
bent, and are torqued properly.